- Application Deadline: 15th October 2021
- Eligible Countries: International
- Type: Undergraduate or Postgraduate
- Value of Award: $30,000
- Number of Awards: Not Known
The admission scholarships for the University of Cape Breton are open to those who wish to pay tuition costs for students in the program they are applying to within the Institution. Their donors are sincerely convinced of that education is essential.
Thanks to the efforts of the supporters, $2.5 million in scholarships and bursaries are awarded every year to those who are accepted to CBU. Students who are admitted straight from the high school, or via articulation agreements partners are eligible for admissions the scholarships based on academic scores.
In Cape Breton University, they are pushing the limits of thought-leadership and innovation to provide an international educational experience and build a long-term sustainable development for this island. With stunning nature, vibrant culture and a warm community, Cape Breton University (CBU) is home to more than 5,500 students hailing from more than 40 nations across the globe.
They are dedicated for the development of Cape Breton Island, to sustainable economic development and innovative sustainability programs, as well as to leading Indigenous education. CBU provides a broad range of business, liberal arts sciences, health and professional courses at the world’s most energy-efficient campus.
Cape Breton University admission scholarships
(Domestic and International Students)
New students who want to be considered to be considered for Entrance Scholarships for Cape Breton University have to add the following documents to the admissions form.
- Official transcript
- Application for financial need to applicants who are seeking bursaries
High School Students
- There are no failures in the Grade 11 or 12 subjects.
- The average is based upon all AC & AD Grade 11 subjects as well as every AC & AD concluded Grade 12 subjects following the first semester.
- The standard for foreign students coming straight from the high school is set through Cape Breton University
- ESL conditional offers must be accepted by an CBU English partner institution in order to be honored
Articulation Agreement Students
- Articulation agreements (both both foreign and domestic) are allowed
- Students must be registered with their transfer program
- ESL conditionsal offers must be enrolled in an CBU English partner school to be honoured with the award.
Minimum 80% as determined in the CBU. CBU for qualification, with no failures
Major Entrance Scholarships at Cape Breton University
*A regulated number of the following awards will be granted*
|Name||Total Amount||Yearly Amount|
|W.M. Reid||$11,500||$4K & $2.5K|
Eligibility for Admission Scholarships at Cape Breton University
- Candidates must have obtained an acceptance letter for the course from CBU.
- Candidates must have at minimum of 65% for their academic experience in order to be admitted to CBU.
- Candidates are required to score minimum scores on the following English test of proficiency in English:
- TOEFL IBT – 80
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- TEOFL CBT – 213
- CAEL – 60
- IELTS – 6.5
- MELAB – 85
How to Apply for Entrance Scholarships at Cape Breton University
Candidates are asked to sign-up for an account on the portal of the university and submit their application through the same. Candidates who complete their application before the deadline and meet the eligibility criteria will be considered.
Please note that all scholarship awards are pro-rated in proportion of the number of credits that a student has registered for in each semester.
E.g. 1 – President’s Award equals $5,000 per year. If a student is registered for 30 credits will earn $5,000 students enrolled in 24 credits will earn $4,000.
Students who have completed their courses in the semester of Spring/Summer can request to have the scholarship money transferred to their accounts.
E.g. If a student takes 24 credits during the fall/winter term and is awarded the President’s Scholarship and will receive $4,000. If the student stays at an average of 80% for the course of the calendar year. They also take 6 credits during the Spring/Summer semester They will be awarded an additional $1,000 during this time.
Cape Breton University makes all attempts to ensure the reliability, accuracy, and currency of the information they publish on their bursary, scholarship and award websites. If there’s a contradiction the criteria set in the Awards Office is deemed accurate. The verification can be verified by contacting 47******249@8***4.com