The Facebook Avatar feature, which allows you to create a virtual version of yourself to use as stickers in comments and Messenger chats, is now available in the United States. Avatars, which are essentially Facebook’s equivalent of Snap’s Bitmoji, were first released last year and are now available in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, and Canada.
Facebook is also increasing its range of Avatar customizations today, based on early feedback, to include a number of new hairstyles, complexions, and clothes.
Avatars may appear goofy at first, but they allow for a level of self-expression that goes beyond text and emoji alone.
How to Use Facebook Avatar
Easing your mind from what you’re doing, you need not to worry because you simply can’t use the features on your iOS device or Android device.
Follow the steps closely to create your own Facebook Avatar:
- Open your Facebook app on your iPhone or Android phone, and the three horizontal lines in the bottom-right of your screen.
- Scroll below and tap “See More.”
- You can now tap “Avatars.”
- Tap “Next” and then “Get Started.” You can now proceed.
- Tap to select one of your favorite skin tone options (you can scroll to see them all), and then tap “Next” at the bottom of the screen.
Now from here, you will be able to customize your avatar, below here are the great features of the new Facebook Avatar.
- Skin tone,
- Hair color,
- Face shape,
- Eye shape and color,
- Nose shape,
- Facial hair,
- Body shape and
- Tap the buttons across the top of the Avatars menu to switch between these different customization areas, and then tap one of the options to preview it on your Avatar.
Note: You can tap the mirror icon near the top-right corner of the screen to open your device’s front-facing camera, which will allow you to look at yourself as you create your Avatar.
- Now you’re done customizing your Avatar, tap the checkmark icon in the top-right corner of your screen.
You can now enjoy your new Facebook Avatar, so easy and free…